Friday, December 26, 2014

Electricity Prob

How to solve an electricity problem when it looks like only your condo unit is facing the problem (there was a loud sound and the electricity went off in the living room and study room but there was still electric supply to my masterbedroom and laundry room), hence the steps:

1. Look at the switch box. Coz when i was younger I always watched my parents looking at the switch box and pushing something up when there is no electricity.

2. The switches are all suppose to be up. If despite pushing one of the switches up there is still no electricity, go to Management Office.

3. Thank God Management Office was still open and this annoying incident happened during office hour time. It was 3pm on a Friday. Confirmed with management that only my unit is facing this stupid problem and whether their electrician could look at it first but when the person in charge said I need to get my electrician, I  asked for an electrician number.

4. Before calling electrician, I called my father. Coz father knows best.

5. Father says to call the electrian. Arrghh.

6. I remembered that my stepfather is an electrician as well so I called him first in case I don't need an electrician to come to my condo and I can have the problem settled ASAP. This was getting annoying and im like sweating and I have an appointment to attend to.

7. Followed my stepfather's instructions but problem still persist. Was told to get the Management Office to look into the problem before calling the electrician.


8. Called electrician but electrician told me he will call me back. Arrghhh.

9. Called my trusted and honest plumber because I think he told me once before that he is also an electrician. He started asking me and using all these electrical terminologies which obviously i don't understand. But he told me and insist that i seek the Management Office assistance first to find out the problem since I can't explain to him the problem. I only know THERE IS NO ELECTRICITY IN SOME PARTS OF CONDO UNITS.


10. So since 2 electricians asked me to see the Management Office first, i went to the Management Office AGAIN and insist that their electrician look into the problem first  before I get my own electrician. 

11. I was given the condo's electrician number and gave him a call.  He told me he will come slightly late but i pleaded for him to come soon because im going out. Luckily he said he will come in 5 mins. 

12. He checked and said that the "meter box fuis and there is three phase". Okay, that's what I heard and i know i spell it out wrong because I have no idea what he was saying. So i asked him what I should do and he told me TNB needs to replaced the meter box. Apparently I have to call TNB and explained to them the problem.

13. TNB says problem will be resolved 1-2 hours. I was skeptical but prayed they settle it ASAP coz i will ne FRIDGELESS and DESKTOPLESS. I went out for my appointment. I was soooo late.

14. Got home 4 hours later and PROBLEM SOLVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment