Thursday, June 14, 2012

Neutering & Spaying Your Kitties

Neutering is for males while spaying is for females. These are procedures to sterilize your cats from reproducing. Why don't you want your cats to reproduce?

1. No time to look after so many cats.
2. Not enough money to support so many cats a.k.a food, cat litter, medication etc.

I have two furbies, Boo and Brownie. I bought Boo first because Brownie because I have no intention to mate them. Then later i bought Brownie because I was afraid Boo will be lonely and bored since I can't spend my whole time with her. I got a male cat because logically, a male cat will be more friendly to a female cat. Besides, I wanted to mate them and have cute kitties!

Then Boo started to be on HEAT. It was torture for me because she was noisy. She will be noisy for a week then return to normal. However, her on heat pattern is twice a month and it will last a week each. SO THAT IS DAMN LONG TO ENDURE.

Brownie is younger than Boo for about 4 months so he still can't hump her and have no sexual urges. Good for him because MALE CATS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LOUDER. Noise is a main concern for me because I'm staying at a condominium. I don't want any animal hater neighbour to complain about me having cats. It's UNFAIR when condos and apartments don't allow you to have pets provided you ensure their cleanliness. Animal haters shall rot in hell.

Aside from the noise, my main concern was also putting them through surgery. I worry too much sometimes. I don't want some vet's negligence to happen and cost the life of my cats.

Anyway, I finally decided to spay and neuter my cats because :
 

1. Boo's too noisy. And apparently when you don't get laid, you become stress and she looks stress and wasn't eating right. She's not much of an eater but at least she's eating her wet food now compare to when she was on heat. Meowww meowwww meoowww meoooow. high piercing meows. I was so stressed that i played some loud music to drown her meows.

2. Kittens. As much as i want to have them soooo badly, I know I can't look after so many cats in a small space. Of course I would give away some but what happens if the new owners don't take care of them well? Some people want to have cats but don't comprehend the obligations that comes with it. And putting Boo through LABOUR? That's painful! (yes, im dramatic and i spoiled my cats like crazy). 




A PICTURE OF THEM IN THE CAR BEFORE GOING TO THE VET. 


AFTER THE SURGERIES AT MY HOME. POOR BABIES SO DAZED

Anyway, I was kindda worried how they were behaving after the surgeries and after regaining consciousness. Both were afraid of me, didn't want me to touch them.


Since they can't walk properly yet (dazed), I left them in their cages for 2 hours. After I let them out, they could walk. Boo was hissing the whole night while Brownie was meowing the whole night. They were not in pain since Boo was quiet and Brownie wanted to play. 




EFFECT after the surgeries? Boo is quiet and eating better now. Brownie still the same, playful as ever. And here I thought they say that your cats are suppose to be quiet and lazy.

But i do hope they grow fat and big!


No comments:

Post a Comment